These Terms & Conditions have been written to address the requirements of System Certification services
SCC provides independent conformity assessment services for the following relevant International Standards:
2. General Conditions
The basic conditions for acquiring and retaining certification with SCC are that the client agrees to, and complies with, the following procedures and rules:
• The audited client shall be made available any and all information deemed necessary by SCC, in order to complete the relevant audit program;
• SCC, if not satisfied that all the requirements for certification are being met, shall identify non-conformities and require the audited client to correct and take actions to prevent recurrence of said non-conformities.
• The registered client grants SCC permission to publicize their certification status.
• In the case of Major non-conformities, when the client can demonstrate that actions have been taken to meet all the requirements, SCC will arrange to repeat only the necessary parts of an audit that cannot be verified by submission of documentary evidence;
• If the client fails to take corrective action within the specified time limit, it may be necessary for SCC, at extra cost to the client, to repeat the audit in full;
• Identification of conformity shall refer only to the site or sites audited and shall only apply to the worded scope appearing on the certificate;
• Fees must be paid within the timescales stated on the quotation. Certificates will not be issued, until relevant fees have been paid in full;
• In order for a registered client to demonstrate effective management reviews and internal audits these activities shall be carried at least once per year by the registered client;
• Failure to comply with these Terms & Conditions may result in legal action being taken against the client;
• The registered client must allow SCC to conduct on-going surveillance audits in line with the planned arrangements stated in the proposal;
• Certified clients must only use the certification marks in accordance with the SCC rules for use of certification marks;
• Certified clients must inform SCC within 7 days of notification of prosecution by a regulator within the scope of registration.
• An audit day consists of 8 hours of audit activity
• A cancellation fee may be charged for visits booked and confirmed in writing that are cancelled or postponed by the client within 2 weeks of the booked date
SCC is responsible for, and will retain authority for, decisions relating to certification services, including the granting, maintaining, renewing, extending, reducing, suspending and withdrawing of certification.
SCC is responsible for ensuring that secrecy is maintained by its employees, concerning all confidential information with which they may be acquainted as a result of their contacts with the client. Where information is required to be disclosed to a third party, either by law or in maintenance of certification, the client shall be informed of the information provided as permitted by the law.
The client shall inform SCC in writing and without delay of any intended changes relating to the following:
• the legal, commercial, organizational status or ownership
• organization and management
• contact address and sites
• scope of operations under the certified management system
• major changes to the management system and processes
SCC will determine whether the notified changes require any additional audit activity. Failure to notify SCC may result in certificate suspension.
5. Application for Certification
Upon receipt of a completed application for quotation from an applicant client, a quotation outlining the audit criteria and fees will be submitted to the client.
Once the application for certification, suitably authorized by the client, and accompanied by the necessary fee payment has been received by SCC, the project will be allocated an audit team. The audit team leader will be responsible for ensuring that the audit is carried out in accordance with SCC procedures.
Fees are detailed in the quotation submitted to the applicant. All costs are based on the charge rate applicable at the time of quotation and SCC reserve the right to increase charges during the certification period. Such increases will be notified to the client in writing.
Once an application for certification is made, payment of the initial registration fees is required, payment of ongoing registration fees are due as per the payment schedule within the quotation
Additional fees will be charged for additional work not included in the scope of the original quotation and for any extra, unscheduled visits required due to non-compliances being identified in the continuing adequacy and/or implementation of the relevant management system.
SCC reserves the right to charge late payment charges.
All fees are subject to local taxes in the country concerned at the appropriate rates.
Conformity assessment audits are based on sampling within a Management System and are therefore not a guarantee of 100% conformity with standard requirements.
The audit of an applicant client’s management system shall be carried out over two stages (Stage 1 & Stage-2) as defined by the specific as above
8. Certification Decision
When the responsible decision makers of SCC are confident that the client meets all the requirements for certification following a thorough review of the audit report(s) and associated objective evidence, the applicant shall be entered on the SCC certification directory and a registration number and certificate issued.
Certificates issued will remain the property SCC and shall be returned to SCC upon request.
Periodic surveillance visits shall be carried out to confirm that the certified management system has continued to fulfil requirements between recertification audits. SCC shall reserve the right to make unannounced visits as required. First surveillance visits shall be conducted no later than 12 months after the last date of the stage 2 audit; and at least once per year thereafter.
10. Renewal of Registration
Regardless of the frequency of the Surveillance routine, a certification cycles runs for a three-year period from the date of the certificate decision with a full re-audit to be completed within 3 years of the last date of the stage 2 audit, and every 3 years thereafter. Failure to submit for re-audit prior to the expiry date will result in a period during which the client’s registration will deem to have expired.