The objectives of a Surveillance audit are:
• Gain confidence that the certified management system remains effective and has continued to fulfil requirements between recertification audits;
• Confirm that effective internal audits and management review has been performed to program
• Evaluate the actions taken to address nonconformities identified during the previous audit;
• Evaluate the treatment of complaints;
• Confirm that the certificated client is correctly publicizing their certificated status (use of SCC logo)
Typically a surveillance audit is carried out on site and is reported using the surveillance report.