Legal Directorate performs the following functions for PSQCA:
- To protect legal rights of PSQCA and initiate necessary correspondence with MoST and other concerned Authorities.
- To deal the legal cases before various courts and safe guard the Authority.
- To prepare parawise comments on behalf of Authority and provide other legal support to PSQCA and counsels of PSQCA.
- To file cases against the manufacturers/units/Private companies which are selling the sub-standard, illegal, and un-registered products without having valid CM Licence of PSQCA.
- To prepare draft, rules and regulations and Act amendments as well as SoP’s for purchase, Accounts etc.
- To provide Legal advice as and when required for MoUs, agreements, and other legal matters to PSQCA.
- Scrutiny for CM Licences and their renewals.
- Scrutiny of Registration of Inspection Bodies.