ISO-22000 / HACCP – Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
|This standard specifies the requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
ISO 22000 incorporates HACCP principles and various preventive plans in ensuring food safety. One of the objectives of ISO 22000 is to give a practical approach in ensuring the reduction and elimination of food safety risks as a means to protect consumers.
Benefits of ISO 22000:
- Staff capability and competency
- Risk management – covering from handling raw food materials to the point of consumption.
- Customer confidence – demonstrate an effective HACCP system based on local or international requirements.
- Legal compliance/requirements for food sectors
- Positive image of the client by its commitment to food safety